Maryland will soon battle it out with winter. And when the coldest time of the year arrives, you have to make sure that your roof is in top condition to eliminate the possibility of roof leaks caused by ice dams.
You actually have to inspect your roof at least once a year, making sure that no leaks, however small, would be overlooked. Because as any roofing expert would say, “don’t allow a small roof leak to become a big one.”
Postponing regular inspection and maintenance will eventually result in roofing failure and unexpected and avoidable expenses. Inspect your roof today, before winter comes!
To help you out, our team of expert roofers in Maryland came up with a roof inspection checklist on what to look out for to determine leaking issues from the inside and outside of your house:
- Cracks and dents on roof sheathing
- Water stains on walls and floors
- Sagging decking
- Outside light coming through
- Leaks close to chimneys, vents, and other holes leading outside
- Blistered, curled, or split roof shingles
- Missing shingles
- Loosened, detached, and/or exposed nails
- Missing caulk to seal flashing
- Rusty metal flashing
- Damaged or missing flashing
- Sagging on the ridges
- Granules on gutters
- Broken or hanging gutters and downspouts
- Damaged or rotting fascia boards
If you see any of these signs, it means that you need a thorough roof assessment. For a meticulous job like this, you need a professional that specializes in roof replacements or roof repair in Maryland. Dry Tech Roofing has a team of experienced and trained roofers who can attend to any roofing concerns.
Just give us a call before the busy booking season of fall starts and we’ll schedule a FREE estimate on your roofing project.