Getting your roofing and siding repaired is not usually on top of your to-do list as a homeowner. However, these parts take the greatest beating from extreme weather conditions as they serve as your home’s first line of defense against such elements. Truth be told, they are also one of the most expensive parts to get fixed or replaced. Neglecting certain home improvement needs may lead to more serious damage—and more costly solutions.
Siding issues can lead to discomfort and the deterioration of your home. Your siding won’t last if you fail to regularly maintain it. It will wear out and depreciate over time. Old and faulty siding can result in the following:
• Frequent repainting. A good siding should last at least 8 to 10 years or more. So if you are spending more on repainting, consider contacting your trusted siding contractors in Maryland for a replacement. This can help save on your recurrent painting costs.
• Warping, rotting, and mold growth. These forms of damage may indicate that water has already penetrated your walls and is trapped inside.
• Bubbles and holes. Bubbles can also suggest water infiltration. Holes, even the smallest of them, can allow snow and rain permeation, which may eventually lead to more costly repairs.
• Loose or cracked siding. This typically happens after a heavy storm. Be sure to check layers underneath to make sure there’s no deeper damage to repair.
• Loose or peeling wallpaper and paint. This means moisture has already seeped its way underneath the siding and has infiltrated through the wallboard.
• Faded siding and dry rot. Aside from looking unattractive, faded siding can also mean that it’s past its prime and can be no longer be practical to use.
Your roofing system is your home’s basic protective layer. Neglecting your roof may worsen some minor damage, which may compromise the structural integrity of your roofing system. This may lead to water damage and roof collapse. If you are going to assess your roof, here are some points you need to look at:
• Excessive fungal growth on the roofing surface or in between shingles
• Cracked, curling, or missing shingles
• Worn-off shingle granules
• Loose or missing flashing
• Penetration of branches or debris on the shingle layer or roof-deck
• Water stains on interior walls
While these are the most visible hints that your roof is damaged, there may be more to them. Both faulty roofing and siding can result in an unreasonable increase in your energy consumption and, yes, electric bill.
We recommend that you have them inspected by our professional Maryland siding contractors and roofing specialists. Our team is certified by leading manufacturers like GAF and CertainTeed to bring you excellent service. Our products are also backed by comprehensive warranties. Call DryTech Roofing today, and we will be happy to be of service.