For Home and Property Owners — Finding a Master Elite® Roofer and Final Reminders
One of the greatest investments that home and property owners can make is the installation of a new roof, especially if your old one already shows signs of apparent wear and damage. However, for one to make the most out of their investment, finding a reliable contractor who offers equally reliable products and materials is a must.
Finding and choosing a GAF Master Elite® roofer is something that consumers should greatly consider. Below are simple steps that you can take to ensure that you are transacting with an experienced GAF-certified contractor.
- Check with GAF itself – On their website, the GAF features a comprehensive database of their certified contractors. The listings offer details about the company — their history, a summary of their experience, their specialties, and their contact information. Each contractor page also presents customer testimonials and feedback. This way, prospective clients are given an idea about a contractor’s qualifications.
- Google it – You can simply search online for Master Elite® roofers in your area. Once you get results, you can check individual roofer websites and see what each of them has to offer. More often than not, Master Elite® contractors will display the certification logo on their websites, making the search easier.
- Ask around – If you have friends and relatives who have recently had their roof done, ask if their contractor is a Master Elite®.
- Always be vigilant when hiring a contractor. There are a lot out there who are not fully experienced, certified, and insured, wasting your hard-earned money.
- Conversely, there may be contractors who are actually good at what they do but may not have been certified by manufacturers yet due to some circumstances such as insufficient years in the industry or popularity. If a contractor is not yet a Master Elite® but is certified to offer GAF materials, they might be worth a try.